Sunday 6 July 2014

7000 words done, a lot more to go

So yeah, things are changing. Garrison for starters now has a bigger role in the story, which is what I needed otherwise it would'v been the axe for him. There are ideas churning aroud in my head for him that I didn't have before....

Anyway, as I said in the title, I am at 7,000 words. My aim today is to get to at least 10,000. But hopefully a couple thousand more. But 10k is my minimum for today. In the meantime, I promised you an extract right? Well, here you go, 179 words of msytery and implications (hopefully):



Zach slumped in his seat, sleep begging for him to succumb to it. But there was a crew meeting after breakfast and his stomach begged for the warm food in front of him. In front of him Torres was battling the same fatigue and the smaller man held his head in one hand. Zach moved his foot underneath the table and nudged Torres’ leg. He shifted his eyes to him with blurred concentration. “Chin up sparky.”
            Torres frowned and straightened his back. He said, “I just want to get in bed.”
            “Join the club.”
            Eliot took a seat next to Torres and said, “Soon you can sleep for however long you wish.”
            Torres snorted, “I wouldn’t count on it.”
            Eliot frowned and Zach ducked his eyes. Their discovery last night would have to be reported which meant that they would have to investigate simply because they were the ones who found it. “Rules and regulations,” Zach said.
            Eliot sighed and Zach lifted his eyes to see the man’s shoulders slump, “I hate the rules.”
            “Don’t we all,” Torres said. 

Happy Writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment