Tuesday 7 January 2014

One problem for us writers...

... is that we look up the weirdest things when we do our research right? But as time goes by, I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat, but as a writer you become worried by the searches associated with our works. We all sit there thinking silently to the government, "It's all research I swear. I don't want to make a nuclear bomb or develop anthrax and disperse it in the most popular places. Honest."

Here's a list of some of the things I've done research on myself, which can make one worry:

  • FBI interrogation room/building/methods
  • MIT
  • Drug penalties
  • Age of consent in US
  • How many years for forgery
  • Types of murder/manslaughter and the differences
  • Russian swear words
  • Radiation
  • Death cycle of a body - rigor mortis, temperature, lividity etc
  • Types of guns
  • How to dismantle a gun
  • EMP pulses/bombs
  • Airport layouts
  • Different types of poisons 
  • Different type of explosives
  • How to melt a body in a vat of acid
And I swear it was all for research into writing fiction. Honest. I wonder what your list looks like.

Happy Writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment