Tuesday 21 January 2014

2nd 2nd draft

I have decided to restart my second draft of Redux. I like the fresh start, I think, I may yet change that... ideas are a forming. And I've just restarted the opening scene on the bridge and, well, it took a surprisingly dark turn pretty quick. Look:

Charlie eyed the empty vastness of space before her. Something about it always did draw her in, but it also left her uncertain. Uncertain about what would be waiting for her crew behind the next lump of space rock, uncertain about what her crew’s next job would be, if they were allowed their leave. Redux, her pride and joy, and the one ship the unwanted people of Command went.
            Her feet sat upon the edge of the console, a still warm cup of coffee cradled in her hands. Stars winked at her. They spoke of untold secrets waiting to be discovered. But the stark contrast of the pervading black turned her stomach with an uneasy jump. The black went of forever, eating everything it came to, circling, waiting, playing the predator until the light went out.

That's only a 136 words in and I think I have a new found idea for the Captain. But seriously, that took a dark turn right? I don't even know where I'm going from here but hopefully, somewhere a little bit brighter. 

Happy Writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment