Tuesday 26 November 2013

Update!

I know I originally said I was going to aim for 75,000 words this November, BUT I've taken it down to 70,000 because the last thing I need is a lot of stress. I am currently at 45, 287 words and there is still a hell of a lot to happen. I don't even know how my character's going to get out of her current situation yet, but, ya'know, I'll figure it out.

In the meantime, I hope you guys are doing well in terms of word counts. Feel free to let know and have a 30 second poem on Winter.

Winter

Cold nights
nip at your toes
and bites
at your ankles.

Wrap up warm
grab a hot drink
get underneath
that blanket and stay.

The leaves are gone
and the trees are bare.
But still they wave
as you walk on by.

Puddles grow
and begin to freeze
forced to change
with the weather.

Snow may fall
or it may not,
but the white flakes
sprinkle their dust everywhere.
A look of wonder 
fills the horizon.

It gets darker
so get in sooner
but do not reject
those clear cold nights.

Look up at the sky
and see the stars
and moon.
Bright and inviting
despite the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment