Saturday 5 April 2014

So far

Okay, so I pretty much just hit 6000 words (only 2.3k behind now - oops) ANYWAY there are some distinct differences between this second draft and the first draft.

Firstly, although they may be a military ship, they don't act like they're in the military. A lot of the time they act like teenagers. But they're all fun to write and they make me smile. They're so informal to one another. But - that's what I was kind of aiming for. I may tweak their attitudes so that  they're a little more professional but Charlie is an unconventional Captain so, it's interesting.

Secondly, it isn't an emergency beacon they must investigate, but a mysterious new 'combat system' (I'll figure out the wording at some point) that they're being ordered to test in a training exercise. Yet they only had one more day left of duty before they're leave... which makes everybody a little curious and angry.

Thirdly, Charlie is lax on the proper command structure on the ship. Or at least the level of professionalism everybody has to adhere to. Making her fun to write because hey, not what you were quite expecting.

Erm.

Fourth-ly? I don't have a fourth-ly point yet. But it's still early days.

I'll post an extract later on today - or tomorrow - depending upon what I get written down. I hope you're all having fun with your writings, NaNo or no NaNo.

Happy Writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment