Saturday 7 September 2013

All over the place.

My second draft, plot wise/action wise/what happens next wise... is all over the place.

Compared to my first draft. Standing alone the second draft is going fine and super duper dandy (Yeah it's going slow. This is the FIRST second draft I have ever gotten to.) But when I look at my paper copy first draft and try to look at what happens next or where my characters are going next or even who does what next...

I'm looking everywhere and anywhere.

According to my first draft technically I still have information on page five to put down. In my second draft I am on page 12. There are a lot of things I have taken out from page 5 alone yet there is a lot more I have added in too. But apparently I've already jumped through to a scene that happens on page 8 which was Chapter 4. That scene now is on page 11 which is Chapter 5.

After this I've added an extra scene in which Charlie tries to raise the crew on Aries. Which kind of works. But then I need to go back to something that happened on page 5 (original) and add it into page 12 (new). Then I'm jumping to page 8 (original) once more to then get back onto track on page 9 (original).

It is all confusing.

Not to mention that half the notes I made in dirty red biro are being ignored because of further changes I did mentally after them.

Sigh.

It ain't easy being a writer.

But it sure is damn rewarding.

Happy Writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment