Monday 21 October 2013

Planning

NaNoWriMo is just over a week away and I have decided to enter it. No matter how little sense it may make due to all the stuff already happening in my life. But I have done a little bit of preparation. 

Now, when I make notes to do with my story as I go I prefer to do it on plain A4 paper, so why not use an A4 sketchpad for it? The first thing I see when I open the sketch book is this:


A target sheet. When I reach 4,000 words I cross of that box or make it pretty knowing I've gotten that far. We all know that the challenge only asks for 50,000 words but I am pushing myself to 65,000 words, which is why it says it on that piece of paper. 

A big daunting number. A bigger and more daunting number than 50,000 words. 

The second page into the sketchbook contains this:



I did a few notes on the history of the world, at least a few thoughts that came to mind that seemed important. But this is all the planning I am doing. 

And to let you guys know, it's an urban fantasy story (For now at least. May suddenly decide to do a science fiction story at the last minute :P) But yeah. For now, this is all. Even if I did change to do the science fiction story I would still aim for 65,000 words. 

Happy Writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment