Wednesday 3 July 2013

New Idea

Okay so, for a while this morning I've been sat just staring at  this screen, wondering what the hell to put. Finally I decided to let you all in on my idea for my 3rd year dissertation. With my course being an English and Creative Writing combined course, I've been allowed to choose Creative Writing for my dissertation. This means that I can write a series of short stories or the start of a novel.

Now, I did intend my Camp NaNoWriMo July 2013 story to be my dissertation work, then I submitted the excerpt. Instead of pulling that down, after all I need something for this blog, I decided last night to come up with another idea.

And I did.

And I could pull it off.

With some hair pulling and face planting of course.

Because there's a NaNoWriMo in August I've decided to torture myself with that much writing and take part. This way, even if I don't complete the August one (Of course I will aim to) but, in the case that I don't, it will give me a head start for the third year. It is another science fiction story and it involves wormholes. Maybe once my third year is over and I have my results I'll talk about it a little more in detail.

For now, I'm calling to call it project Wormhole. I still need to think of the characters and iron out the basic plot a little, but I am ahead with July NaNoWriMo so I should be able to do all of that one day without worry. Fingers crossed for two novels in two months.

No comments:

Post a Comment