Tuesday 23 July 2013

Stuck

I'm at 34,122 words and I'm stuck. Not in terms of plot but in which way to go. You see, from this point that I'm at, my story needs to go one of two ways. But deciding between those two ways is a difficult one. Let me explain.

So Zach, the pilot, has been left in charge because everybody above him is dead, unconscious, seriously injured or bed bound for now. And that's a lot of injuries. Seriously. Walking around the ship with ease are, Zach, Sokoloff, Nelson and Eliot.

Hunter's awake, just bound to her bed until she stops pulling her stitches.

So that leaves Zach. The station is of no concern anymore but.... what next? They could either:

1) Pursue Dixon to the planets, which will only leave the story with more questions

or

2) Have a mysterious ship sent by Command intercept them. Again, raising more questions.

No matter which way I go there will be a lot of questions, a lot of mystery and a lot of groaning and head banging from me.

Camp NaNoWriMo is 50,000 words and I have at least 16,000 to play around with. In 16,000 could I possibly have them being intercepted and royally fucked from behind? Or could I have them reaching one of the planets and find the strangest of scenarios? I just can't seem to decide and this is my second day thinking over this. I just can't seem to go one way or another.

I could do both.

At a push.

But that's just all of the questions and will be bound to make the reader's head explode.

No comments:

Post a Comment